October 19, 2016
Today on the Fitness Machine, Justin talks about eating fats and what is good fat versus bad fat.
We need to eat good, healthy fats to lose weight.
- There's a central fatty acid that the body needs that we can't produce, only consume
- Eating healthy fats keeps body satisfied, balances hormones, and gives energy
- Don't eat processed food.
- It consists of eating only meat and veggies.
Justin's favorite fat:
- Coconut Oil: A saturated fat that everyone needs for brain development.
Sugar: Yay or nay?
- Sugar is sugar, though how the body takes it depends on what the source is
- Blueberries have other properties other than sugar to help keep you healthy, so good thing to have
- Really only need about 2 servings of fruit a day
- Sugar alcohol (or any sugar substitute) is generally bad for you and needs to be done in moderation
Morning breakfast for good fat:
- Greek yogurt with almonds and blueberries.
Eat smaller portions throughout the day.
- Stay away from large meals at lunch!
- The serotonin release that comes after eating causes a crash afterwards, thus having a large meal before bed is more beneficial to your health and your energy throughout your day.
Fasting in afternoon:
- Not for everyone
- With the insulin that is released upon eating, avoiding that and the crash throughout the day can keep the energy going longer
- Getting all of your calories at night won't have you gaining weight as long as you're not obtaining too many calories
Good fatty dinner:
- Eating a grass-fed beef burger with avocado, ketchup, and mustard, a sweet potato or sweet potato fries on the side, and a side of salad or broccoli.
- The basics: A protein, veggie, and a potato, fries or fats (like avocado or nuts).
To get in touch for more information and a 30 Day Trial: